Who We Are:
Arizona’s Association of School Tuition Organizations (ASTOA) is the only membership organization that works solely on behalf of and provides a unified voice for Arizona’s School Tuition Organizations (STOs). ASTOA is a 501(c)3 recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
ASTOA promotes and defends Arizona’s private school choice programs and the thousands of families that depend on them by educating the community and by providing mentorship, resources and critical support to Arizona’s STOs.
ASTOAs member STOs represents STOs across the state and across the spectrum of private education.
ASTOA provides mentoring, resources, training and support to Arizona’s School Tuition Organizations (STOs) as they work to provide tuition tax credit scholarships in compliance with Arizona State Law.
The purpose of the association is to provide a strong and unified voice in support of Arizona’s school tuition organizations and the private school tuition tax credit programs. ASTOA seeks to protect the integrity of these vital programs that help thousands of Arizona’s parents choose the education that best meets their child’s individual needs.
– Protect the integrity of the private school tuition tax credit programs and provide a united voice for the STO community in support of these programs.
– Provide members with valuable resources, policy updates, compliance training and informative conferences with school choice policy experts at the both state and national level.
– Maintain a strong presence at the State Capitol and regularly attend stakeholder meetings and hearings relative to school choice policy. Ensure that both legislators and policy makers are aware of the needs and concerns of the STO community and the thousands of families that depend on tuition tax credit scholarship programs.
– Be a general think tank for the Arizona’s private school choice programs and seek ways to make them better.
– Advance ASTOA and its members as the premier organization for private school choice in Arizona and nationally.
President – Harry Miller, TOPS for Kids
Vice President – Sally Henry, Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization
Treasurer – Cathy Wagner, Arizona Episcopal Schools Foundation
Secretary – Kim Kirschner, Institute for Better Education
Officer – Brian Sanders, AZ 4 Education
Officer – Rex Pope, School Tuition Association of Yuma
Executive Director – Sarah Raybon