Arizona STO Association is a 501(c) 3 organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. ASTOA’s mission is to promote and advance School Choice in compliance with Arizona State Law by mentoring, unifying, and supporting Arizona School Tuition Organizations (STO’s) in the mission of providing private school scholarships to children attending K – 12 schools throughout Arizona. ASTOA is a voluntary organization of Arizona STOs who participate in the state tuition tax credit programs. This website is a clearinghouse for information related to all private school choice programs in Arizona.
To maximize our resources, ASTOA is run by a volunteer Board of Directors and does not maintain a permanent office. To learn more about ASTOA or to meet with one of our Board members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASTOA will promote and advance School Choice in compliance with Arizona State Law by mentoring, unifying, and supporting Arizona School Tuition Organizations (STO’s) in the mission of providing private school scholarships to children attending K – 12 schools throughout Arizona.
The purpose of the association is to advance the rights of parents to determine their own children’s education including the protection and advancement of the use of educational tax credits covered under Arizona Law.
- Strive to protect the integrity of the private school choice tax credits and unite all STO’s in Arizona with a common mission of school choice.
- Deliver value and resources to Arizona STO’s by providing Tuition Tax Credit (TTC) resource material and guidelines that comply with all aspects of Arizona tax credit laws.
- Promote membership in ASTOA.
- Maintain a strong presence at the Legislature and regularly attend stakeholder meetings and hearings relative to school choice legislation.
- Member STO’s are required to follow Arizona law as well as operate within the guidelines mandated by the AZ Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Be a general think tank for the AZ private school choice programs and seek ways to make them better.
- Review all ASTOA marketing material and recommend updates or changes as needed to maintain effective marketing.
- Advance ASTOA and its members as a premier organization for school choice in Arizona and nationally.
Harry Miller – President
Cathy Wagner – Treasurer
TBD – Secretary
Sally Henry – Vice President